BLOGGER SPOTLIGHT: Maria Rosario Legarde

10:37 PM


If you may notice, this is a new type of post since it's not related to beauty nor a rant. From the title itself, you can get a clue of what this is about.

So two weeks ago, before our final exams, we had this requirement in our ICT class to interview a blogger, any blogger. I wanted to interview certain bloggers but they were either busy or have been interviewed already by a classmate since we weren't allowed to interview the same person. And I got a suggestion instead. 

This blogger I'm talking about is a graphic designer, although she doesn't really consider herself as a blogger because she doesn't write about her works but that doesn't matter because for me, a blogger is someone who uses the internet to share their thoughts, works and whatnot. So, with no further ado, here is the interview I had with her.

1. When did you start blogging?
I started 2 years ago after I decided to be a freelance artist and quit my boring job in Cebu.

2. What inspired or encouraged you to start blogging?
I wanted to showcase my collection of artworks and to make an online portfolio. Something that I can easily give out my web address to clients and friends who can refer me to new clients or to a good employer who has the interest of hiring me for what I love to do.

3. Why do you blog?
I just wanna share my ideas in art and design and make an inspirational  contribution to someone who gets inspired by it.

4. How often do you put up a blog post? Do you have a schedule or something like a pattern?
Unlike for someone I know who really blogs, they make it an obligation to post once or twice a month. I prefer to post when I feel like posting, no obligations.

5. Describe your blog/website.
It is an online art portfolio, a collection of art works in the past and present.

6. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I find inspiration from the people who I am comfortably close with, like my family and friends who are like family to me.

7. What is your dream job?
Growing up I really want to be an architect, and design houses. But instead I ended up taking nursing because that was the trend and I was coerced by my mom who is also a nurse. For now, I will settle for any art-related job.

8. How long have you been blogging?
I started sharing my artworks since I was in college, I have a lot of accounts and shared my works on Facebook, Deviantart, and Behance. But I wasn't really serious about it until I made my own website.

9. Is your job right now related to the course you finished?
Currently I maintain two jobs, I am a Creative Director of an advertising agency; it's a start-up company that started in the living room and now we have an office in Makati and the other job is online, I am a book cover designer for a publishing company in the states. Both are not related to nursing.

A follow up on question #2, my website surprisingly landed me my second job.

10. What’s your ultimate advice for those who are just starting out in the world of blogging?
Find your medium and don't be afraid to share something that's meaningful to you, it can be in any art form, in writing, or in making videos, etc. Just share and express it and you'll be surprise with the feedback.

11. Can you recommend any other blogs to follow and feature?
I would recommend my high school best friend, Therlyn Alcuitas. She blogs about anything. Please visit her blog therlynanne.com 

I conducted this interview online via email and yep, here it is!!! Some of these questions are from Joy Bernardo's 11 questions under her Liebster Award blogpost. Check it our here! 

Do you have any blogs to recommend? Comment below and let's be friends!

xo, chelsea

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I ' M O N Y O U T U B E / /

Instagram

Instagram